Friday, June 18, 2010

Freyday Free-for all - Bakersfield Photographer

Hello, Frey-day! It's been an incredible week for me, and I'd love to use today's post to share all the amazing things that happened!

1) Sunday, June 13th (6 year anniversary): "Be it known that Jessica Frey has experienced the Adrenaline Rush of a Lifetime, by willfully leaving a perfectly good airplane at 13,000 feet, and flying earthward in excess of 120mph, and piloting a high tech ram air parachute to a SAFE touchdown. Thus entitiling them to be included among the elite few who can call themselves SKYKIVERS!!!!!" Yes. I did all of that. With tears and screams and possibly a few choice words :)

2) My brother took the plunge Sunday as well and is now engaged to the wonderful Megan!! I am absolutely thrilled, love them, and cannot wait for their wedding next summer!!

3) My photos from Gabrielle & Jeff's wedding were chosen as a front page feature on The Wedding Chicks Blog--the same wedding inspiration blog that featured my Alice in Wonderland photo shoot! So excited about the exposure. You can view it here: WeddingChicks.com and I ask that if you have a second, please leave a comment! It helps with my rankings ;)
4) National Geographic Traveler/PDN announced that my Mt. Rushmore photo that you guys voted #5 back in May in the popular vote has now been chosen as a FINALIST by the judges to be published in the August edition of PDN where winners and the grand prize photo will be announced! YIKES!!! Thank you to everyone who voted!
5) I viewed a sneek peek at my newest Bakersfield Life cover!! I am beyond humbled and excited to now have 8 covers for them and enjoy working for such a great local magazine. This month I HAD to go to 8 bars and photograph summer drinks :) Not a bad assignment! Look for it out on June 26th in the Californian or online at www.BakersfieldLife.com6) If you've made it this far, congrats! Now for some special news as a reward....This is the end of this blog! Yup, I am in the process of creating a new blog site that is more streamlined, has bigger photos, and just lookes awesome-er. The goal is that on Monday, I'll have the new post...so check back here for the link, or follow me on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JFreyPhotography

1 comment:

JenW said...

What a big week for you! I still can't believe you went skydiving! I will never ever join that elite group. Oh and when I saw your wedding chicks feature here on this blog, I knew they were something special! Congratulations on all your big accomplishments - you've earned it!