Friday, July 10, 2009

Mt. Rushmore at Night

I cannot even begin to explain how amazed I am at the photos I was able to get Thursday night. My father, brother and I headed to Mt. Rushmore to see the monument lit up...and what should happen? A lightning storm! About 10 min. later, we got quarter inch hail on our car, but man, timing is everything! These are my two favorites..and untouched post prossessing! An for those of you who asked, I had to hand hold this since I didn't travel from CA with my tripod and shot f/2.8 1/60 at ISO 2500 (Nikon D700). Very exciting that George is crisp and I have little to no noise!

2 comments:

Chad Coppess said...

Really, really nice! Those are great shots.

Jana said...

Great capture! You are right about being in the right place at the right time, but you did a great job of taking advantage of it!!!